Local Caller ID and other technology solutions
Technology solutions specifically for call center operations including Local Caller ID. Our Outbound Telemarketing Technology Solutions and suite of BrandGuard products increases answer rates and provides a professional brand experience for customers.
New at QVD
Caught in the Cross-Fire: Contact Rates Continue to Decline
“Clients have seen a 30% drop since last summer on outbound campaigns.”– Dean Garfinkel, Quality Voice & Data, Inc., President
• Why your answer rates continue to drop;
• What you can do to protect yourself; and
• How we’re working to establish a fair playing field for all.
Why your answer rates continue to drop
Robocall Call Processing (“RCP”) is a recent initiative launched by the FCC that uses technology to combat illegal and spoofed robo-calls. Unfortunately, this technology is far from perfect.
In fact, contact centers have become the unintended targets of the RCP initiative, resulting in a serious decline in answer rates that will only get worse over time.
Robo-Call Processing: What You Should Know
- It gives carriers the power to ‘block or label’ any call on their network that they believe¹ to be unwanted or a robo-call.
- ¹Carriers rely on data, that is provided by unregulated, third-party analytic companies, to identify these types of calls on their network.
- The practice of block or labeling is when a carrier opts to (i) block a call from ringing on their customer’s phone or (ii) replaces your Caller ID name display with an arbitrary label (i.e., “Scam Likely” or “Robocaller”), without your knowledge or input.
- It does not require transparency from carriers; which means you’ll never know, or be notified, when your calls are blocked or potentially mislabeled.
- In some cases, carriers are returning false busy signals, network congestion signals, and even routing your calls directly to a recipient’s voicemail.
- It does not hold the carriers and analytic companies accountable; which means when a call is mislabeled or incorrectly blocked:
- It is impossible to pinpoint the provider(s) responsible given most calls involve multiple carriers (i.e., the originating carrier, the transit carrier, the terminating carrier); and
- It is impossible to get your Caller ID numbers correctly labeled or unblocked given there is no designated point of contact.
- It gives carriers and analytic companies unwarranted discretion over ‘what constitutes an unwanted or robo-call’, without requiring:
- Standardization; often resulting in mislabeling or blocking of important calls from companies trying to reach their customers; as well as significant inconsistencies across carriers.
- The necessary oversight (from the FCC or otherwise) that is essential to constructing a universal definition and approach to robo-calls.
These unfair practices are costing contact centers significantly. Especially when you consider the time and resources spent by agents redialing numbers that get the same result, a continued busy.
What you can do to protect yourself
As an industry leader with over 30 years of experience in technology, telecom and maximizing answer rates, QVD is uniquely positioned among providers who offer block or label protection strategies.
“Analytic companies monitor calling patterns [of Caller ID numbers] and look for any changes in behavior. It’s a critical data point that drives their block or label recommendations.” – Dean Garfinkel, Quality Voice & Data, Inc., President
In the new era of RCP, rotating (or swapping out) wholesale numbers is no longer effective. That’s why we take a tailored approach.
Our product offerings include personalized calling strategies and a team of experts dedicated to maximizing your answering rates. In addition, our proprietary algorithm allows us to alert our customers when their Caller ID number(s) have been mislabeled or potentially blocked.
Outbound Marketing Firm Recognized for Leadership and Innovation
April 7, 2017 (Aurora, NE) The Quality Voice & Data team were the recipients of two awards during the Professional Association for Customer Engagement (PACE) convention and expo in Tampa, FL April 2-5, 2017. Dean Garfinkel was presented with the Distinguished Service Award in recognition of his leadership as the PACE National Board of Directors Treasurer for the past three years. In presenting the award, PACE Chairman, Stuart Discount noted that Dean was instrumental in leading the organization through tremendous change.
More News & Happenings
- Telinta and TextBetter Team Up for SMS Solutions for VoIP Service Providers in the US (12/18/2018)
- Caught in the Cross-Fire: Contact Rates Continue to Decline (10/24/2018)
- Caller ID Management for Dummies (10/17/2018)
- Text Messaging for Contact Centers and Call Centers: The New Frontier (4/24/2018)
- PACE recognizes Dean Garfinkel at National Convention and Expo 2018 (4/17/2018)
- No Caller ID Name or Wrong Name is Bad (11/30/2017)